The following criteria apply:
- applicants must usually originate in the West Midlands
- applicants must show evidence of self-help in their application
- trustees have a preference for disadvantaged people
- trustees have a dislike for applications from students who have a full local authority grant and want finance for a different course or study
- trustees favour grants towards the cost of equipment
- applications by individuals in cases of hardship will not usually be considered unless sponsored by a local authority, health professional or other welfare agency.
Type of grants
One-off or recurrent grants, usually between £50 and £500.
In writing to the correspondent. No reply is given to unsuccessful applicants unless an sae is enclosed.
Grants were made to 51 organisations during the year.