Skip to navigation Skip to content turn2us logoTurn2us - to access benefits & grants.
Search this site

You are here:

Who to contact to make a claim

Key information

Do you want to know the contact details for claiming a particular benefit?

This section provides more information.

Applies to: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland

You can read through this information sheet, or go directly to the sections you want to read by clicking on these links:

Links to the claim form or telephone number you need

Child Benefit, Guardian's Allowance, Maternity Allowance, Statutory Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay, Sure Start Maternity Grant

Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support

Pension Credit, State Retirement Pension, Winter Fuel Payment

Bereavement Allowance, Bereavement Payment, Funeral Payment, Widowed Parent's Allowance

Attendance Allowance, Carer's Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefits, Personal Independence Payment, Statutory Sick Pay

Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance

Budgeting Loan, Cold Weather Payment, Funeral Payment, local welfare provision, Sure Start Maternity Grant, Winter Fuel Payment

Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit 

Back to top

Free mobile calls to benefits claim lines

Six of the biggest mobile phone network companies - O2, Orange, Tesco Mobile, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile and Vodafone - no longer charge their customers for calls to many of the Department of Work and Pensions 0800 benefits claim lines.

Back to top

Help to claim benefits or tax credits

An experienced welfare benefits adviser can help you work out if you qualify for a certain benefit, and they should also be able to help you fill in a claim form. You can use the Find an Adviser tool to find a local one.

In some cases, a social worker can help you make a claim for benefits. You can contact a social worker through your local council (link opens in a new window)

The Government's website Gov.UK has more information about benefits and where to get further help (link opens in a new window).

Information about benefits must be available in formats such as large print, braille or audio tapes, and in languages that you can understand. Contact your local benefits office if you need information that has been translated.

If you need an interpreter to help you talk to someone in a government department or your local council, they should provide this. However, you will need to contact the benefits office directly to find out about getting this help.

Back to top

Last updated: 5 April 2013

Turn2us Benefits Calculator

Use our simple Benefits Calculator to find out how much you could claim.

Check benefits

Facebook (opens in a new window) Twitter (opens in a new window) YouTube (opens in a new window) Nominet Award - Doing Good Online Highly Commended