You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

If eBay isn’t your thing, or you just want to support No Cold Homes as much as you can, there are plenty of other ways to get involved and help change people’s lives.

Tweeters can follow us and retweet and heart our campaign tweets. We’d also love you to send out your own tweets about the campaign, just remember to use hashtag #NoColdHomes. If you use Facebook, please like our page and share our posts, We’re also using Instagram for the campaign and our profile could really use some friends! So head over there, and start sharing our images! The more awareness we can raise about No Cold Homes, the more people we can help to get the vital support they need this winter.

Do you know someone who is struggling to pay their energy costs? Then visit our Get Support page and see what help is available to them. They can find out if they’re eligible for welfare benefits, charitable grants and other schemes to support people finding it hard to heat their homes.


If you would like to donate directly to No Cold Homes you can text COLD04 to 70070 to donate £4. Alternatively you can donate online or to discuss regular giving please call our Fundraising Team on 020 834 9200.

Coronavirus Information

My child's school is closing due to the coronavirus outbreak. What can I do?

The government has announced that schools will be closing for the majority of students from 20 March 2020.

Children in the following groups will still be able to go to school if their parents choose to send them:

  • The children of key workers
  • Children receiving support from social services
  • Children with disabilities
  • Children with Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs​)
  • Young carers

If you need to take time off work to care for your children, you should check your employment rights on the ACAS website.

What if I am well but my employer tells me not to work because of the coronavirus outbreak?

This will depend on your contract and is an employment law issue. You may be able to get advice from ACAS on this. You will not be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).

What if I have been in contact with someone with coronavirus and don’t want to go to work and risk infecting my colleagues and customers?

You will only be able to get special help under the coronavirus rules if you are self-isolating in accordance with NHS advice. You can find the current NHS coronavirus advice on the NHS website

What if I am not getting any customers in my self-employed business because of the coronavirus?

You may be able to claim Universal Credit, but you will not be entitled to any special support because of the coronavirus outbreak. You may have the minimum income floor applied to your claim, or you may be required to look for full time-employment.

I’m on a zero-hours contract, will I get paid if I’m told to self isolate?

If you are self-isolating in accordance with NHS guidance and you usually earn at least £120 per week, you should get Statutory Sick Pay even if you are on a zero hours contract.

What if I am homeless with no income so can’t self-isolate and need funds for accommodation?

The government has not published any guidance for what you should do if you are homeless and develop coronavirus symptoms. It would be best to contact your local authority for advice. You should do so by telephone if at all possible.