You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Help for Carers

If you are a carer for someone who has an illness or disability, there may be benefits, grants or other financial support available to you.


To check what benefits you might be entitled to quickly and easily, you can use the Turn2us Benefits Calculator.

To read more about the benefits available for carers select from the list below:

Carer's Allowance - if you care for someone for at least 35 hours a week and the person you care for is getting a benefit because of  their disability.
Income Support - if you, and your partner if you have one, are on a low income or not in full-time employment and fall into a category of people who do not have to look for work. You must usually be 18 or over but under Pension Credit age(some 16 and 17 year olds can get Income Support).
Universal Credit will eventually replace Income Support but can only be claimed by certain jobseeker's at this time.

You may also be eligible for help with housing costs.

Related information
•    Carer's Credits
•    Help from the local council


To find out what help may be available from grant giving charities, you can use the Turn2us Grants Search to access our database of over 3,000 charitable funds.

Advice and Support

Turn2us are unable to offer advice on individual situations. To find an adviser in your area to discuss your situation with you can use the Turn2us Find an Adviser tool

Other charities that could help

Carers Trust - Carers Trust works to improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of unpaid caring for a friend or family member.
Carers UK - Carers UK give carers expert advice, information and support. They campaign to find better ways to reach and support carers.