You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Training Workshops

Find out how Turn2us online tools helped one intermediary find help for her client. You can learn how to use these resources in your work by booking a place on one of our training workshops, which take place across the UK.

When Daniel, 38, was due to be released from HMP Highpoint after serving six and a half years, Kareen, a Project Coordinator at Diagrama Foundation UK, used the skills she learned in a Turn2us workshop to help him.

By using the Turn2us Benefits Calculator to see if Daniel would be better off in a parole hostel or on licence at his parents' home, Kareen discovered he was entitled to single accommodation rate and return to work Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

She secured the accommodation which left Daniel greatly reassured and further aided his commitment to leaving crime behind.

Attend our intermediary training workshops

Turn2us Intermediary workshops take place across the UK. They teach you how to use to our Benefits Calculator, Grants Search and other online resources to support people in financial need.

Last year we trained over 2,000 intermediaries who helped us ensure nearly a million benefits checks were made.

Costs to attend Turn2us intermediary workshops

There is no charge for staff from charities working with individuals in financial hardship to attend the workshops.

Some costs may be incurred for staff from housing associations, statutory bodies and commercial organisations to attend. For more information on costs, contact Jamie Grier

Coronavirus Information

My child's school is closing due to the coronavirus outbreak. What can I do?

The government has announced that schools will be closing for the majority of students from 20 March 2020.

Children in the following groups will still be able to go to school if their parents choose to send them:

  • The children of key workers
  • Children receiving support from social services
  • Children with disabilities
  • Children with Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs​)
  • Young carers

If you need to take time off work to care for your children, you should check your employment rights on the ACAS website.

What if I am well but my employer tells me not to work because of the coronavirus outbreak?

This will depend on your contract and is an employment law issue. You may be able to get advice from ACAS on this. You will not be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).

What if I have been in contact with someone with coronavirus and don’t want to go to work and risk infecting my colleagues and customers?

You will only be able to get special help under the coronavirus rules if you are self-isolating in accordance with NHS advice. You can find the current NHS coronavirus advice on the NHS website

What if I am not getting any customers in my self-employed business because of the coronavirus?

You may be able to claim Universal Credit, but you will not be entitled to any special support because of the coronavirus outbreak. You may have the minimum income floor applied to your claim, or you may be required to look for full time-employment.

I’m on a zero-hours contract, will I get paid if I’m told to self isolate?

If you are self-isolating in accordance with NHS guidance and you usually earn at least £120 per week, you should get Statutory Sick Pay even if you are on a zero hours contract.

What if I am homeless with no income so can’t self-isolate and need funds for accommodation?

The government has not published any guidance for what you should do if you are homeless and develop coronavirus symptoms. It would be best to contact your local authority for advice. You should do so by telephone if at all possible.