You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

IiV Re-accreditation

We are extremely pleased to announce that Turn2us has been re-accredited with the Investing in Volunteers National (IiV) Quality Standard, which recognises our commitment to volunteers and volunteer management

Members of the face to face team holding the Iiv award

This is the third time we have attained the IiV accreditation. We are very proud of this achievement and incredibly grateful to all of those volunteers who took part in the process - giving up their time to share their experiences of volunteering for us with the Assessor, either in a face to face meeting or through a telephone interview.

IiV Re-accreditation

IiV was originally developed by Wandsworth Volunteer Bureau in 1995 as a way to benchmark good practice in volunteer management. Since 2004, IiV has been an established national quality standard which aims to recognise excellence in volunteer management in the UK.  Managed by the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO), it outlines the practices and approach to volunteer involvement that should be in place to reach a certain standard in volunteer management.


This re-accreditation shows that as an organisation we have been assessed as having an excellent framework in place for our volunteering programme, providing a high level of support. It provides evidence that we can demonstrate this and it also shows that our volunteers, who were an integral part of the assessment, indicated to the Assessor that they felt supported throughout their volunteer journey.

The re-accreditation also enhances our reputation as a charity as it also demonstrates to external agencies, potential funders or service commissioners that our volunteering programme has attained a national level of good practice. Research indicates that it can help to increase volunteers’ motivations, enhance their experience and, from a marketing and recruitment perspective, help to encourage new volunteers to support our work to fight UK poverty. The standard ensures that clear policies and procedures are in place to support individuals throughout their volunteering experience. 


We are currently exploring ways to thank our volunteers as we would like to share our celebrations for this achievement with you all. Please let us know if you have any suggestions as we would love to hear them – contact the team via email: or call Joseph Mitchell on 020 8834 9250.

Coronavirus Information

My child's school is closing due to the coronavirus outbreak. What can I do?

The government has announced that schools will be closing for the majority of students from 20 March 2020.

Children in the following groups will still be able to go to school if their parents choose to send them:

  • The children of key workers
  • Children receiving support from social services
  • Children with disabilities
  • Children with Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs​)
  • Young carers

If you need to take time off work to care for your children, you should check your employment rights on the ACAS website.

What if I am well but my employer tells me not to work because of the coronavirus outbreak?

This will depend on your contract and is an employment law issue. You may be able to get advice from ACAS on this. You will not be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).

What if I have been in contact with someone with coronavirus and don’t want to go to work and risk infecting my colleagues and customers?

You will only be able to get special help under the coronavirus rules if you are self-isolating in accordance with NHS advice. You can find the current NHS coronavirus advice on the NHS website

What if I am not getting any customers in my self-employed business because of the coronavirus?

You may be able to claim Universal Credit, but you will not be entitled to any special support because of the coronavirus outbreak. You may have the minimum income floor applied to your claim, or you may be required to look for full time-employment.

I’m on a zero-hours contract, will I get paid if I’m told to self isolate?

If you are self-isolating in accordance with NHS guidance and you usually earn at least £120 per week, you should get Statutory Sick Pay even if you are on a zero hours contract.

What if I am homeless with no income so can’t self-isolate and need funds for accommodation?

The government has not published any guidance for what you should do if you are homeless and develop coronavirus symptoms. It would be best to contact your local authority for advice. You should do so by telephone if at all possible.