You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Fashion & Textile Children's Trust grants for additional support

Grants for the children of people who have worked in the UK's fashion and textile industry


Fashion & Textile Children’s Trust (FTCT) helps children of parents who work or have previously worked in the UK fashion and textiles industries. This includes regular clothes shops, department stores and supermarkets that sell clothing, like Tesco or Asda. 
FTCT helps hundreds of these families every year with grants to support their children (aged 0-18 years).

Grants for additional support

The charity's current area of focus is grants for additional support (typically between £750 - £1,500).

This includes help towards the costs of:

  • Mobility equipment

  • Sensory toys

  • Learning support

  • Speech therapy

  • Respite activities.

However, no two families are the same, so each grant is tailored to suit particular needs.

Who is eligible for support?

With all FTCT grants, to apply you must:

  • Be the parent or full-time carer of a child aged 0-18 years


  • At least one parent or full-time carer must either be currently working in the UK fashion and textile industry or have worked within the industry within the last nine years. This includes a wide range of job roles. To check whether your current or recent job fits into fashion and textiles, read the Fashion & Textile Children's Trust eligibility information page.

How to apply

You can make an enquiry on the Fashion & Textile Children's Trust website or give the charity a call on 0300 123 9002.

Coronavirus Information

My child's school is closing due to the coronavirus outbreak. What can I do?

The government has announced that schools will be closing for the majority of students from 20 March 2020.

Children in the following groups will still be able to go to school if their parents choose to send them:

  • The children of key workers
  • Children receiving support from social services
  • Children with disabilities
  • Children with Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs​)
  • Young carers

If you need to take time off work to care for your children, you should check your employment rights on the ACAS website.

What if I am well but my employer tells me not to work because of the coronavirus outbreak?

This will depend on your contract and is an employment law issue. You may be able to get advice from ACAS on this. You will not be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).

What if I have been in contact with someone with coronavirus and don’t want to go to work and risk infecting my colleagues and customers?

You will only be able to get special help under the coronavirus rules if you are self-isolating in accordance with NHS advice. You can find the current NHS coronavirus advice on the NHS website

What if I am not getting any customers in my self-employed business because of the coronavirus?

You may be able to claim Universal Credit, but you will not be entitled to any special support because of the coronavirus outbreak. You may have the minimum income floor applied to your claim, or you may be required to look for full time-employment.

I’m on a zero-hours contract, will I get paid if I’m told to self isolate?

If you are self-isolating in accordance with NHS guidance and you usually earn at least £120 per week, you should get Statutory Sick Pay even if you are on a zero hours contract.

What if I am homeless with no income so can’t self-isolate and need funds for accommodation?

The government has not published any guidance for what you should do if you are homeless and develop coronavirus symptoms. It would be best to contact your local authority for advice. You should do so by telephone if at all possible.