Salary: £32,800 p.a.
Location: Hammersmith, London
Turn2us helps those in financial need access welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help – online, by phone and through our partner organisations.
The Turn2us website includes an easy to use Benefits Calculator; a Grants Search database with access to over 3,000 charitable funds; and an Information and Resources section on benefits, grants and managing money. Last year, over 5 million people used the Turn2us website with over 2.48 million benefits and grants checks completed.
Turn2us is looking for a Welfare Benefits Specialist to play a vital role in keeping a range of Turn2us welfare benefit tools and resources up to date.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Experience of Welfare Benefits advice work
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to interpret policies, legislation and programmes relating to the rules for assessing entitlement to welfare benefits as well as making claims and appeals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate with confidence and in easily readable formats to a wide range of individuals and organisations
- The ability to handle information requests regarding welfare benefits, including contributing to media features and taking part in media interviews.
- A desire to learn new digital skills and work in a multidisciplinary team
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a supporting statement which shows how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications: 5.00 pm on Wednesday 3rd May 2017.
Interviews will take place at Turn2us offices in Hammersmith, London on 9th and 10th May 2017..
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive unfortunately we will not be able to respond to unsuccessful applications.
Elizabeth Finn Care/Turn2us is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from members of all communities.