You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Cold Weather Payment - Can I get a Cold Weather Payment?

Find out more about Cold Weather Payments.

Can I get a Cold Weather Payment?

You might qualify for a Cold Weather Payment if you are claiming Pension Credit and do not live in a care home.

You may also be able to get a Cold Weather Payment if you do not live in a care home and are claiming Income Support, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or Universal Credit as long as one of these statements also applies to you:

  • You get an extra amount in your benefit (a premium) for having a disability or for being over state pension age
  • You have a child under five
  • You have a child and you get Child Tax Credit with an extra amount for their disability


Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Search for a grant

Look for funds that might be able to give you a grant and/or other types of help.

Use the Grants Search tool