You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

European Union (EU) Settled Status Scheme - I haven't applied for settled status yet. What should I do?

The EU Settled Status scheme is the scheme to protect EEA citizens' rights in the UK now the UK has left the European Union.

I haven't applied for settled status yet. What should I do?

It is possible to make a late application for Settled Status, but you will need to give a good reason.

You should get advice on how to best explain to the Home Office why your application is late.

You won't be able to claim any benefits until you have been granted settled status.

While you are waiting for your claim to be processed, you may be able to get a grant from a charity or get help from foodbanks. If you live in Wales, you might be able to get help from the Discretionary Assistance Fund.

Social services might be able to provide support to some families with children. However, this may not be suitable for everyone. The No Recourse to Public Funds Network's guide gives a detailed overview of the risks and advantages to approaching social services for help. If you are struggling to make sense of this, get advice.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page

European Union (EU) Settled Status Form

European Union (EU) Settled Status

Waiting to hear? Missed the deadline? Read our guide to find out what you need to do next.

Find out about European Union (EU) Settled Status

Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grants Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants

Find a Local Adviser

Search for your nearest sources of information and advice

Find an Local Adviser