You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Emergency Information - One off payment

Get information on what to do if you're waiting for a benefit payment, have been sanctioned or if you need a one-off payment. Find out what other help is available in a crisis situation.

One off payment

Budgeting loan or advance

If you are claiming an out-of-work benefit, Pension Credit or Universal Credit and you need help to pay for one-off essentials, you may be able to get a budgeting loan or advance. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) lends you the money and you pay it back out of your benefit payments. Our Budgeting Loan/Budgeting Advance guide sets out what you can get it for and how to apply.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grant Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants