You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Energy Efficiency Measures: Grants and Subsidies - Feed-in Tariffs (FITs)

If you need help with energy efficiency improvements in your privately owned or rented home, there are a number of schemes that may be able to help - from the Government, energy suppliers, local councils and other sources.

What is available depends on the country of the UK you live in.

Some schemes are only available to people on low incomes or certain benefits.

Feed-in Tariffs (FITs)

If you install electricity generating technology from a renewable or low carbon source (e.g. wind turbines or solar PV), you may be able to get money from your energy supplier through the UK Government's Feed-In Tariffs subsidy (FITs).

Through FITs, you can be paid for electricity you generate (even if you use it yourself) and any surplus electricity you export to the National Grid. You also save money on your electricity bill because you are using your own electricity.

See the Energy Saving Trust website for more information on the Feed-in Tariffs scheme.

Martin Lewis's Money Saving Expert website has information on solar panels.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Search for a grant

Look for funds that might be able to give you a grant and/or other types of help.

Use the Grants Search tool