You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Starting or looking for work - Extended benefit payment

If you looking for work or starting a new job and are on a low income, there are a number of schemes that might help you.

Extended benefit payment

You may be able to get Housing Benefit (England, Scotland, Wales) or Housing Benefit (Northern Ireland) and Council Tax Support (depending where you live) paid at the same rate for the first four weeks of your new work arrangements when you come off certain out-of-work benefits.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Search for a grant

Look for funds that might be able to give you a grant and/or other types of help.

Use the Grants Search tool