Universal Credit (UC): Housing costs contributions
A deduction will be made from your housing costs element for rent payments for each non-dependant in your household. This is called a housing costs contribution.
A housing cost contribution is a fixed amount of £69.37 per month for each non-dependant.
Certain claimants are exempt from this. No deduction will be made for housing costs contributions for a single person or couple with a non-dependant where one or both of the claimants are:
There will also be no deduction made for housing costs contributions if the non-dependant is:
- under 21 years old
- in receipt of state pension credit
- in receipt of the care component of Disability Living Allowance at the middle or highest rate
- in receipt of Attendance Allowance
- in receipt of the daily living component of Personal Independence Payment
- entitled to a payment of one of the disability benefits mentioned but not receiving it for one of the set allowed reasons
- in receipt of carer’s allowance
- a prisoner
- responsible for a child under 5 years old