You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Universal Credit (UC) housing costs element - What is the Universal Credit (UC) housing costs element for tenants?

Find out more about the Universal Credit housing costs element.

What is the Universal Credit (UC) housing costs element for tenants?

This money is to help you with your housing costs.

It can help with rent and some service charges if you are a tenant.

If you are a homeowner it can include help towards the interest payments on mortgages and on other loans for home purchase, certain repairs, and home improvements. It can also cover other housing costs including service charges in some circumstances.

Applies to: England, Scotland and Wales

Universal Credit has not been introduced in Northern Ireland yet but may be introduced at a later date. See the NI Direct website for more information (link opens in new window).

Administered by: Department for Work and Pensions

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Search for a grant

Look for funds that might be able to give you a grant and/or other types of help.

Use the Grants Search tool