You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

War Pensions Scheme - How do I challenge a War Pensions Scheme decision?

The War Pensions Scheme provides financial help if you have an illness or injury caused by service in the Armed Forces before 6 April 2005. It can also help if you are the husband, wife or civil partner of a service person who died as a result of serving in the Armed Forces. In the case of unmarried partners, a substantial relationship must be demonstrated. The War Pensions Scheme consists of either a weekly pension or a one off lump sum payment.

How do I challenge a War Pensions Scheme decision?

If your claim is unsuccessful, you can ask Veterans UK to reconsider their decision. See the Veterans UK website for more information.

You may appeal if your claim was rejected or if you you think the type of award you’ve been given is wrong, for example, if you don’t think your disability has been correctly assessed.

Contact the Veterans UK Helpline on 0808 1914 218 for information on challenging a decision.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page

European Union (EU) Settled Status Form

European Union (EU) Settled Status

Waiting to hear? Missed the deadline? Read our guide to find out what you need to do next.

Find out about European Union (EU) Settled Status

Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grants Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants

Find a Local Adviser

Search for your nearest sources of information and advice

Find an Local Adviser