I know how hard it can be to ask for help, but really I cannot commend CABA highly enough. If you have any problem, big or small, tell them about it. There’s bound to be something they can do to take the burden off your shoulders.
Tim, chartered accountant (read his story on the CABA website)
What does CABA do?
CABA provides lifelong advice and support for past and present ICAEW members and their families. Whether they’re in work, training, or retired, wherever they are in the world.
Financial hardship may not be automatically associated with ICAEW chartered accountants but here at CABA we know it can be a real issue for some.
What grants can CABA give you?
We can provide short term grants, for example to help cover living expenses in cases of unemployment. We can also provide donations for things like respite care, specialist wheelchairs, household repairs and much more.
Each case is means-tested and assessed on an individual basis.
If we’re unable to offer financial assistance, our support officers may still be able to help with:
- Debt advice
- Budgeting support
- Benefits checks and applications.
What else can CABA offer you?
All our services are designed to make life a little easier. We’re here to help in all kinds of ways:
- With career coaching and professional and personal development courses – helping people move on, move up or move back into work
- With emotional support - helping people cope with bereavement, depression, relationship problems and much more
- With practical help – including debt and legal advice, carer support and help with home adaptations or repairs
- With a wealth of online resources – including our wellbeing zone and benefits calculator. Promoting wellbeing 24/7.
I was 29, it was a beautiful sunny day and I was out mountain biking with my mates. I’m not sure how, but I came off my bike...
Find out how CABA helped Mark after his accident
I'd stopped working as a chartered accountant some time ago - I had thought I had sufficient funds for retirement. However after a time, it became clear that with the rapid rise in the cost of living, things were going to be tight.
Find out how CABA supported Sally as she built her own business.
If you’re a past or present ICAEW member, or a close family member, contact us to find out how we could be helping you.