Sometimes all it takes is a very small change in circumstances to tip the balance and turn a manageable situation into an unmanageable one. An extended illness such as cancer can lead to a drop in pay, other circumstances such as a relationship breakdown, bereavement or redundancy can also put a strain on the household budget.
Hospitality Action supports past and current employees in the hospitality industry provided they have worked within the direct provision of food, drink or accommodation away from home within the UK.
They can consider financial assistance for those who are:
- Currently working within hospitality; OR
- Have worked for one continuous year in the past five; OR
- Have worked for seven years in their lifetime in total
All applicants need to have limited savings. They can also consider help for dependants of industry employees, where the employee fits the above criteria.
Hospitality Action’s help has never been in such demand and the charity continually develops their services to offer the most relevant assistance.
They currently offer the following types of grants:
- Essential Needs: Assistance towards the cost of an item essential for the wellbeing of an applicant.
- Crisis: Assistance for people of working age who have suffered a sudden loss of income.
- Top-Up: Awarded to pensioners who have spent most of their working life in hospitality and are now on a very limited income.
- Winter Fuel: To help people on a low income with the cost of heating their homes.
They also offer the following non-financial support:
- Debt and Money Advice
- Information and Signposting
- Family Members Scheme
- Basic Legal Advice
Grants Search profile for Hospitality Action