Established in 1837, Hospitality Action is the trade charity offering a crucial lifeline to people of all ages, working and retired, from the hospitality industry. Whether you are a chef, housekeeper, school cook or waiter, Hospitality Action will try to support, whatever the difficulty.
Sometimes all it takes is a very small change in circumstances to tip the balance and turn a manageable situation into an unmanageable one. An extended illness such as cancer can lead to a drop in pay, other circumstances such as a relationship breakdown, bereavement or redundancy can also put a strain on the household budget.
Who is eligible for help from Hospitality Action?
Hospitality Action supports past and current employees in the hospitality industry provided they have worked within the direct provision of food, drink or accommodation away from home within the UK.
They can consider financial assistance for those who are:
• Currently working within hospitality; OR
• Have worked for one continuous year in the past five; OR
• Have worked for seven years in their lifetime in total
All applicants need to have limited savings. They can also consider help for dependants of industry employees, where the employee fits the above criteria.
What help does Hospitality Action provide?
Hospitality Action’s help has never been in such demand and the charity continually develops their services to offer the most relevant assistance.
The charity currently offers the following types of grants:
- Essential Needs: Assistance towards the cost of an item essential for the wellbeing of an applicant.
- Crisis: Assistance for people of working age who have suffered a sudden loss of income
- Top-Up: Awarded to pensioners who have spent most of their working life in hospitality and are now on a very limited income.
- Winter Fuel: To help retirees and working age people who are concerned about their heating bills and how they’ll be able to afford to keep their homes warm through the colder weather. The Winter Fuel Grants Programme is open to those currently working within the hospitality industry and earning a low wage or those who are now retired. Grants are for £100 and applicants simply need to complete a short three page application form and send in confirmation of their work, liability to pay the household fuel bill, income and savings.
Hospitality Action also offer the following non-financial support:
- Debt and Money Advice
- Information and Signposting
- Golden Friends
- Basic Legal Advice
People who have been helped by Hospitality Action
Contact Hospitality Action
To learn more, visit the Hospitality Action website
Read the Hospitality Action profile on the Turn2us Grants Search