You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Nationals of non-European Economic Area (EEA) countries - Reciprocal agreements

Non-EEA nationals will be subject to immigration rules and their right to benefits will be defined by their immigration status.

Reciprocal agreements

People coming to the UK from countries which have a bilateral social security agreement with the UK, may be able to use periods of residence and contributions paid in those countries to help them qualify for benefits in the UK.

The scope of the agreements, in terms of the benefits covered and the categories of people that can take advantage of them, differs from country to country.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Search for a grant

Look for funds that might be able to give you a grant and/or other types of help.

Use the Grants Search tool