You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Healthy Start Food Vouchers - England, Wales, Northern Ireland - How do I claim Healthy Start Food Vouchers?

If you are pregnant or have a child under four years old and live in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, you could get Healthy Start Vouchers to help buy some basic foods.

How do I claim Healthy Start Food Vouchers?

To claim Healthy Start Food Vouchers, you should fill in a claim form.

The form is in a leaflet called 'Healthy Start', which you can get from your midwife or doctor. You can also download the form or apply online on the Healthy Start website.

Talk to your doctor, health visitor, midwife or other health care professional about claiming vitamins.

When will my Healthy Start Food Vouchers claim begin?

A Healthy Start Food Vouchers claim begins from the date the claim is received. Claims cannot be backdated.

Change of circumstances

If your circumstances change you should inform the Healthy Start Food Vouchers service. Vouchers will not continue to be paid if you do not meet the qualifying conditions.


Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page

Your situation

What's your situation?

Find information on benefits and grants that relates to your circumstances.

Your situation

Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grants Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants

Find a Local Adviser

Search for your nearest sources of information and advice

Find an Local Adviser