You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Help with Childcare Costs - Help with Childcare Costs when Starting Work or Looking for Jobs

Read our guide to the help that is available with childcare costs if you are working, studying or starting to work or study.

Help with Childcare Costs when Starting Work or Looking for Jobs

If you are looking for work, you may be able to get help with some expenses, for example, to enable you to attend interviews, through a discretionary Jobcentre fund called the Flexible Support Fund.

Help with childcare costs through Universal Credit is paid to you, not to your childcare provider, and it is only paid to you after you have had to pay your childcare provider. This can make it hard for people when they start a new job. You should ask your work coach for help with your upfront childcare costs through the Flexible Support Fund. If they aren’t willing to give help through this fund, you may have to ask for an advance.

Ask your local Jobcentre for more information about this and any other schemes they may run to help you into work.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grants Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants