You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.


Use our Search tool to look for information on our website.

To do an exact search please enter a search term in the box below and click "Search".

1,970 results

  • What is Universal Credit (UC)?

    No preview available

  • Home

    Turn2us is a national charity helping people when times get tough. We provide financial support to help people get back on track.

  • Travel Concessions older person

    What transport concessions could I get as an older person? The main national public transport concessions available to older people are:Free older person's bus pass means you can travel free on local buses in England.The Senior Railcard is an annual savings card. You buy it fo...

  • Benefit Changes Timetable

    This guide will provide information on the Benefit Changes Timetable.

  • Universal Credit (UC)

    Universal Credit is a means-tested benefit for people of working-age who are on a low income.

  • Working hours: benefits rules

    If you are doing paid work for an employer or are self-employed but on a low income, you may still qualify for certain welfare benefits. Benefit entitlement can depend on how many hours of paid work you do per week.

  • Working Tax Credit

    Working Tax Credit is money provided to boost the income of working people who are on a low income.

  • Care homes and benefits

    When you or a member of your family go to live in a care home, the benefits you get may change. What will happen to your benefits depends on the type of benefit you get and whether you are going into or out of a care home. Living in a care home can also affect the benefits...

  • Carer's Allowance

    Carer's Allowance is money for people who spend at least 35 hours a week providing regular care to someone who has a disability. The person you care for must be getting a relevant benefit because of their disability,which in some cases has to be paid at a certain rate.

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

    Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is money for people who have extra care needs or mobility needs (difficulty getting around) as a result of a disability. If you are 16+, you can no longer make a new claim for DLA You may be able to claim Personal Independence Payment (PIP...