You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.


Use our Search tool to look for information on our website.

To do an exact search please enter a search term in the box below and click "Search".

2,000 results

  • What is the EU Settled Status Scheme?

    The EU Settled Status scheme is the scheme to protect European Economic Area (EEA) citizens' rights in the UK now the UK has left the European Union (EU). Most EU, EEA and Swiss citizens (and family members of EU, EEA and Swiss citizens) who live in the UK need to apply to th...

  • I have EU pre-settled status. What does this mean for my benefit entitlement?

    If you have pre-settled status, you might need to prove you also have a right to reside under EU law categories to be able to claim some benefits. If you can't prove you have a right to reside, the government might say that pre-settled status on its own is not enough for you ...

  • I haven't applied for settled status yet. What should I do?

    It is possible to make a late application for Settled Status, but you will need to give a good reason. You should get advice on how to best explain to the Home Office why your application is late. You won't be able to claim any benefits until you have been granted settled sta...

  • I have EU settled status. What does this mean for my benefit entitlement?

    If you have settled status, you will be able to get any benefits you are entitled to. If you aren't sure what benefits you are entitled to you can use our free, confidential Benefits Calculator.

  • I have applied for settled status but I haven't had a decision back yet. Can I claim benefits?

    If you applied for settled status on or before 30 June 2021 and you are waiting for a decision, your existing rights in the UK should be protected.  If you are refused benefits because you don't have settled status yet, you should get advice. If you applied for settled st...

  • TV licensing, Telephone and Broadband Costs

    Find out more about the help that may be available to pay for TV licensing, telephone and broadband costs, depending on your situation.

  • Where to get help

    Find out where you can get assistance with the cost of white goods and other household items If you’re struggling with household appliances and furniture, you might be eligible for some financial support. Use our tools and information today to see what could be available.Use ...

  • LivingWithoutCampaign

      Living without household appliances is having a serious impact on people's lives - the #Living. Without campaign wants to change that.

  • Stand together appeal

    <!-- add class 'light-on-dark' or 'dark-on-light' to the outer div --><!-- image --><!-- title --><!-- copy -->"The grant from Turn2us is a much-needed lifeline. We wouldn’t have got by without this help." CORONAVIRUS APPEAL Let’s stand together, while we’re kept apart..jg-...

  • How much Child Disability Payment will I get?

    Child Disability Payment has a Care Component and a Mobility Component. Your child might be awarded just a Care Component, or just a Mobility Component, or both components. Getting Child Disability Payment can entitled you to other help. The Care Component can be paid at thre...