You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.


Use our Search tool to look for information on our website.

To do an exact search please enter a search term in the box below and click "Search".

2,000 results

  • War Pensions Scheme

    The War Pensions Scheme provides financial help for people with an illness or injury caused by service in the UK Armed Forces before 6 April 2005.

  • How do I apply to the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme?

    You can download an Armed Forces Compensation Scheme claim form to print out and fill in from the Gov. UK website. You can also contact Veterans UK to get a claim form. You should claim no later than seven years after the injury or illness, unless you’re claiming for an i...

  • How do I challenge a Child Disability Payment decision?

    To dispute a decision on your claim for Child Disability Payment:First you have to give Social Security Scotland chance to look at the decision againThen, if you still don't agree, you can get an independent tribunal to look at the decision It is a good idea to get help from ...

  • Child Disability Payment Scotland

    Child Disability Payment is a Scottish benefit for children with disabilities.

  • Challenging a Child Benefit or Guardian's Allowance decision

    If you think a Child Benefit or Guardian's Allowance decision is wrong, you may be able to get it changed.

  • National insurance contributions (NIC)

    National insurance is a tax on your earnings. This guide covers some basic information about NIC.

  • What is New State Pension?

    New State Pension is money paid to people who reach State Pension age on or after 6 April 2016. If you reached State Pension age before 6 April 2016, you may be entitled to the Basic State Pension. You can check the date that you reach State Pension age on Gov. UK: Check your...

  • Will I have to repay the overpayment?

    You will always have to repay overpayments under the Universal Credit system. It does not matter what caused the overpayment. You can still argue that there never was an overpayment. You can ask the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) if they will let you not pay back the ...

  • Civil penalties for benefit overpayments

    The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) have the power to impose a fixed rate civil penalty on some claimants who have been overpaid a social security benefit. The civil penalty is £50. It will be added to the total amount of the overpayment and will be recovered by the sa...

  • What if I don't think I've been overpaid?

    If you do not agree that you have been overpaid, you can ask for this to be looked at again and appeal against the decision. See our Challenging Decisions information. You might need to ask the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to explain exactly how they have worked out...