You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.


Use our Search tool to look for information on our website.

To do an exact search please enter a search term in the box below and click "Search".

2,000 results

  • Scottish Welfare Fund

    The Scottish Welfare Fund can give grants to people on low incomes living in Scotland.

  • Challenging a Housing Benefit decision

    If you think a Housing Benefit decision is wrong, you may be able to get it changed.

  • Widowed Parent's Allowance

    Widowed Parent's Allowance is a benefit for people who were bereaved before 6 April 2017 and have a dependent child.

  • What is Universal Credit (UC)?

    Universal Credit is a means-tested benefit for people of working age who are on a low income. It replaces six means-tested benefits:Income SupportIncome-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)Housing BenefitChild Tax CreditWorki...

  • Do I need to claim Universal Credit?

    If you are already claiming any of the benefits that Universal Credit replaces, you can carry on getting your benefits. If you have any change of circumstances that means your existing claims for these benefits ends, you won’t be able to make new claims for any of the benefit...

  • Switching from other benefits to Universal Credit

    Whether you have had a change in circumstances that has meant your old benefits have stopped or you have decided you would like to choose to move onto Universal Credit, there are a few things to think about and some common questions people have. Make sure you use our Benefits...

  • Challenging a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Decision

    You may be able to have a decision about Personal Independence Payment (PIP) changed.

  • Who is a part-time student for benefit purposes?

    For Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Income Support, income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, whether you are a part-time student depends on your age and the level of the course. You are a part-time student if you are studying...

  • How do I claim Coronavirus Self Isolation Payment?

    In  Wales and Scotland, you can claim the Coronavirus Self Isolation Payment through your local council. In Northern Ireland, you apply through the Finance Support Service. Make sure you check your council's scheme to find out:The deadline for making an applicationWhat inform...

  • How do I challenge a Universal Credit (UC) decision?

    If you think the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has used the wrong amount of income to decide how much Universal Credit to award you, you might need to raise what is called a Real Time Earnings (RTI) dispute. You can ask for this by leaving a note on your journal....