You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.


Use our Search tool to look for information on our website.

To do an exact search please enter a search term in the box below and click "Search".

2,000 results

  • Can I get Carer's Allowance?

    You can get Carer's Allowance if you care for someone for at least 35 hours a week. The person you care for must be getting a benefit because of their disability, for example:Attendance Allowance for disabled people over pension age The middle or high rate care component of D...

  • Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and Motability

    You can use some of your payment (an amount equivalent to the Disability Living Allowance high rate mobility component or Personal Independence Payment enhanced rate mobility component or Adult Disability Payment enhanced rate mobility component) towards the hire or hire-purc...

  • What activities will I have to do when claiming Universal Credit?

    The jobcentre might expect you to do certain things in order to receive Universal Credit. This is called your ‘claimant commitment’. What you are expected to do will depend on your circumstances, such as your health, your caring responsibilities and whether or not you are...

  • Can I Claim Benefits if I am a Care Leaver?

    If you are a care leaver aged under 18, even if you would otherwise meet all the qualifying conditions for the benefit, you will not be able to claim:Income Supportincome-based Jobseeker’s AllowanceHousing Benefit (HB England, Scotland and Wales)/(HB Northern Ireland)Universa...

  • Completing your online claim form

    You will see a page with a list of 'to-dos'. You can do these in any order but it is important to check the information you put on each screen before pressing 'continue'. If you think you have made a mistake when you entered your information, you will have a chance later on t...

  • Getting your first payment

    Verify your Identity Once you have submitted your claim, you will be asked to verify your identity using your Government Gateway account. Not everyone can use the Government Gateway service and if it does not work for you, you will have the opportunity to verify your identity ...

  • What is a Severe Disability Premium?

    A Severe Disability Premium is an extra amount that is included in some means-tested benefits to help with the cost of disability. Reviewed: May 2022

  • Our helpline

    We are experiencing a large volume of calls which may cause longer than usual waiting times. If you can, please try using our website first:Benefits CalculatorGrants SearchInformation and signposting If you need detailed help with you situation, try our Find an Advisor...

  • Contact us

    To make sure your query gets to the right department, please choose from the list of common topics below. Contact us

  • Shared Parental Leave and Pay

    If you and your partner are expecting a child, you can choose to share some of your parental leave and pay.