You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.


Use our Search tool to look for information on our website.

To do an exact search please enter a search term in the box below and click "Search".

2,000 results

  • How do I claim Disability Living Allowance (DLA)?

    Phone the Disability Living Allowance helpline for a claim form: Telephone 0800 121 4600 Textphone 0800 121 4523 Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm On the website, you can also find a link to download a form to fill in and post and a link to claim using BSL. Ph...

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA) - children

    Disability Living Allowance is money for children who have care needs or mobility needs (difficulty getting around).

  • Tax Credits Overpayments

    Information on tax credit overpayments and what to do if you think you have been overpaid.

  • Education Maintenance Allowance EMA - Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland

    Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) is a scheme for people studying or permanently resident in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The scheme is now closed in England.

  • Energy schemes

    If you are struggling to pay your energy bills, find out about the help you can get.

  • Don't feel safe at home

    If you are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse of any kind, help and support is available to you. This includes police response, online support, helplines, refuges and other services. You are not alone and there is never an excuse for domestic abuse. See the follo...

  • I'm worried about being evicted

    EvictionsCheck your benefits entitlementHelp from charitable grants If you are worried about being evicted from your home, you should seek advice from a housing expert as soon as possible. The rules around evictions and the help available depend on where you live in the UK...

  • Claimed benefits and waiting for my first Universal Credit payment

    When you first claim Universal Credit, you have to wait five weeks for your first payment. While you are waiting for your first payment, you can ask for a Universal Credit Advance. An Advance is an interest-free loan which you pay back over 24 months. You can ask for an Advan...

  • Discretionary Housing Payment

    Discretionary Housing Payment is a extra payment which can help towards housing costs.

  • home2

    No preview available