You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.


Use our Search tool to look for information on our website.

To do an exact search please enter a search term in the box below and click "Search".

2,000 results

  • Can I get any help during the sanction?

    If you have been sanctioned and are struggling to manage without your full Universal Credit payments, you can apply for a hardship payment. A hardship payment is a loan from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), which you will have to pay back through deductions from yo...

  • How long will a Universal Credit sanction last?

    The length of the sanction depends on what you are expected to do to get your Universal Credit and what you did to get the sanction. If you fail to apply for a job or fail to accept a job that is offered to you or if you leave your job without a good reason, you may get a hig...

  • Can apprentices claim benefits?

    Yes, apprentices are eligible to claim benefits. Which benefits you might be entitled to will depend on your circumstances. If you are over 18, you can use our Benefits Calculator to see what help you might be entitled to. If you are under 18, read our guide on Young People a...

  • How will apprenticeship earnings be treated?

    Your earnings from your apprenticeship will be treated just the same as earnings from any other kind of employment. They will be taken into account when working out how much benefit you’re entitled to.

  • Food banks (foodbanks)

    Food banks (sometimes spelt foodbanks), largely run by volunteers, provide emergency boxes of food (usually a supply for a minimum of three days) and offer support for people in a crisis. The food is donated by members of the local community. Many also give personal hygiene i...

  • About the campaign

    Find out the reasons why we are highlighting this important issue The #Living. Without campaign highlights the true scale and impact of appliance poverty in the UK. Our report sets out a series of solutions to help get a fridge, freezer, washing machine and cooker in every ho...

  • Travel Concessions older person

    What transport concessions could I get as an older person? The main national public transport concessions available to older people are:Free older person's bus pass means you can travel free on local buses in England.The Senior Railcard is an annual savings card. You buy it fo...

  • Grants - what you need to know

    Read our frequently asked questions to find out about charitable grants, how to search for a grant and how to apply. Grants - what you need to know

  • Funeral Payment

    If you need help to pay for a funeral, you may be eligible for help through a Funeral Payment. How much you get depends on your circumstances.

  • Child Benefit

    Child Benefit is money paid to parents or other people who are responsible for bringing up a child.