You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.


Use our Search tool to look for information on our website.

To do an exact search please enter a search term in the box below and click "Search".

2,000 results

  • Complaints about your benefits claim

    You have the right to expect a reasonable standard of service from the people dealing with your benefit claim. Service includes things such as meeting target times for dealing with claims and providing interpretation facilities. This guide explains when a complaint can be ...

  • Council Tax Support

    Localised Council Tax Support schemes provide help for people on low incomes with their Council Tax bill. The schemes apply differently in different parts of Great Britain.

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA) - children

    Disability Living Allowance is money for children who have care needs or mobility needs (difficulty getting around). Age rules: Your child must be under the age of 16. For the low rate mobility component they must be aged over five, and for the high rate mobility component ...

  • Discretionary Assistance Fund

    The Discretionary Assistance Fund (DAF) provides urgent grants to people in Wales as a last resort, and can include awards for certain electrical white goods, such as fridges and cookers, in addition to household items such as beds, bedding, curtains and kitchen items. Grants ...

  • Discretionary Housing Payment

    Discretionary Housing Payment is a payment you may receive at the discretion of your local authority which can help towards housing costs. You can only get it if you are entitled to Housing Benefit or the Housing Costs element of Universal Credit.

  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

    Employment and Support Allowance is money for people who have limited capability for work because of their sickness or disability but do not get Statutory Sick Pay. There are two types: income-related Employment and Support Allowance and contributory Employment and Support...

  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA): Permitted Work

    Find out more about Permitted Work under Employment and Support Allowance.

  • First Tier Tribunal appeals process

    If you appeal against a benefit or tax credit decision a First Tier Tribunal will deal with your appeal. This guide goes through the process of what happens after your appeal is received.

  • Fuel Poverty

    Find out more about the factors that contribute to fuel poverty and the help that might be available to you

  • Guardian's Allowance

    If you look after a child who is not your own you may be entitled to Guardian's Allowance.