You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.


Use our Search tool to look for information on our website.

To do an exact search please enter a search term in the box below and click "Search".

2,000 results

  • Discretionary Housing Payment

    Discretionary Housing Payment is a payment you may receive at the discretion of your local authority which can help towards housing costs. You can only get it if you are entitled to Housing Benefit or the Housing Costs element of Universal Credit.

  • Employer Supported Childcare (Childcare Vouchers)

    If you are working, you might get help with childcare costs through Employer Supported Childcare. It is up to your employer to decide whether they want to offer Employer Supported Childcare or not.

  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

    Employment and Support Allowance is money for people who have limited capability for work because of their sickness or disability but do not get Statutory Sick Pay. There are two types: income-related Employment and Support Allowance and contributory Employment and Support...

  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA): Permitted Work

    Find out more about Permitted Work under Employment and Support Allowance.

  • Facing redundancy

    Find out more about what you can do if you are facing redundancy and which benefits you may be able to claim.

  • First Tier Tribunal appeals process

    If you appeal against a benefit or tax credit decision a First Tier Tribunal will deal with your appeal. This guide goes through the process of what happens after your appeal is received.

  • Fuel Poverty

    Find out more about the factors that contribute to fuel poverty and the help that might be available to you

  • Funeral Payment

    A Funeral Payment is to help with funeral costs that you are responsible for if you’re on a low income and need help to pay for a funeral you’re arranging. How much you get depends on your circumstances and if you qualify.

  • Guardian's Allowance

    If you look after a child who is not your own you may be entitled to Guardian's Allowance.

  • Habitual Residence Test

    All claimants have to pass or be exempt from the Habitual Residence Test in order to claim certain benefits and Tax Credits.