You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.


Use our Search tool to look for information on our website.

To do an exact search please enter a search term in the box below and click "Search".

2,000 results

  • Turn2us Funds

    Turn2us supports people in financial need through the Turn2us Elizabeth Finn Fund, Turn2us Response Fund and Turn2us Edinburgh Trust. The Edinburgh Response Fund for Covid-19 is open for people living in the Edinburgh area. Please note that our Helpline cannot answer any ques...

  • LivingWithoutCampaign

      Living without household appliances is having a serious impact on people's lives - the #Living. Without campaign wants to change that.

  • Where to get help

    Find out where you can get assistance with the cost of white goods and other household items If you’re struggling with household appliances and furniture, you might be eligible for some financial support. Use our tools and information today to see what could be available.Use ...

  • About the campaign

    Find out the reasons why we are highlighting this important issue The #Living. Without campaign highlights the true scale and impact of appliance poverty in the UK. Our report sets out a series of solutions to help get a fridge, freezer, washing machine and cooker in every ho...

  • Travel Concessions older person

    What transport concessions could I get as an older person? The main national public transport concessions available to older people are:Free older person's bus pass means you can travel free on local buses in England.The Senior Railcard is an annual savings card. You buy it fo...

  • Grants - what you need to know

    Read our frequently asked questions to find out about charitable grants, how to search for a grant and how to apply. Grants - what you need to know

  • Funeral Payment

    If you need help to pay for a funeral, you may be eligible for help through a Funeral Payment. How much you get depends on your circumstances.

  • Widowed Parent's Allowance

    Widowed Parent's Allowance is a weekly benefit for widows, widowers, or surviving civil partners, who were bereaved before 6 April 2017, and have a dependent child or are pregnant. There is no time limit for claiming Widowed Parent's Allowance after the death of your spouse or...

  • Carer's Credits

    Carer's Credits mean carers can be ‘credited’ with Class 3 national insurance contributions to help them qualify for other benefits which they may not otherwise have been eligible for if their caring responsibilities prevented them from being able to work and pay national insu...

  • Income Support

    Income Support helps people who do not have enough to live on. It is only available for certain groups of people who do not get Jobseeker's Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance and are not in full time employment. Income Support is being replaced by Universal Cred...