You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Elizabeth Finn Care and Turn2us are coming together under one name. This page explains why we are doing this, what’s changing, and what’s not. Find out more.


Disability Living Allowance - children

What is Disability Living Allowance?

Disability Living Allowance is money for children who have care needs or mobility needs (difficulty getting around).

Applies to: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland

Age rules: Your child must be under the age of 16. For the low rate mobility component they must be aged over five, and for the high rate mobility component they must be aged over 3.

If you are an adult with care or mobility needs and live in England, Scotland or Wales see our Personal Independence Payment guide instead. If you live in Northern Ireland see our Disability Living Allowance guide.

Type of benefit: Non means tested

Taxable: No

Administered by: Disability and Carers Service