You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Elizabeth Finn Care and Turn2us are coming together under one name. This page explains why we are doing this, what’s changing, and what’s not. Find out more.


Looking for work

If you are unemployed (or working less than 16 hours a week) and are looking for work there may be benefits, grants or other financial support available to you.



To check what benefits you might be entitled to quickly and easily you can use the Turn2us Benefits Calculator

Turn2us Benefits Calculator

You might be eligible to claim:

  • Jobseeker's Allowance or

  • Universal Credit 

Jobseeker's Allowance - if you are 18 or over and under State Pension age  and not in full-time employment (or work less than 16 hours a week) and are capable of working and are looking for a job (some 16 and 17 year olds can get Job Seekers Allowance).

Universal Credit - If you are 18 or over  and under Pension Credit age and are on a low income or out of work you may be able to claim Universal Credit instead of certain benefits. (some 16 year olds in some limited circumstances can claim)

The benefit you should claim depends on your circumstances and where you live. See 'Can I get Universal Credit?' If you can't get Universal Credit you should claim Jobseeker's Allowance.

You may also be eligible for help with housing costs.

Related information

Employment on trial (link opens in a new window)

Facing redundancy

New Enterprise Allowance (link opens in a new window)

Universal Jobmatch (link opens in a new window)


To find out what help may be available from grant giving charities you can use the Turn2us Grants Search

Turn2us Grants Search

Advice and Support

Turn2us are unable to offer advice on individual situations, to find an adviser in your area to discuss your situation with you can use the Turn2us Find an Adviser tool

Find an Adviser