Today is Remembrance Day - when we remember all those who died while serving in the UK Armed Forces.
If you or someone close to you has a connection to the Armed Forces - still serving, veteran or family member - and are in financial need, Turn2us resources can help you to find help through benefits, charitable funds and other financial help.
This includes anyone who is a Second World War veteran of the Armed Forces or did National Service.
Use the Turn2us Benefits Calculator to check your clients' general entitlement to benefits.
To read more about the benefits available for people who are serving member of the armed forces or a veteran select from the list below:
The Turn2us Grants Search can help you find the support you need through Armed Forces-focused and other charitable funds.
Armed Forces charities
There are a number of military charities that provide assistance to people with an Armed Forces background, each with their own set of eligibility requirements.
- UK-wide and national Armed Forces charities, such as the Royal British Legion, SSAFA (the Soldiers, Sailors, Air Force Association), The Officers’ Association and Poppyscotland
- Charities helping people who have served in particular branches of the Armed Forces, for example: ABF The Soldiers’ Charity; The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund; and the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity
- Regimental associations/charities, for example: The Royal Engineers Association, Royal Artillery Charity, The Royal Signals Benevolent Fund
- Charities concerned with specific aspects of service, such as: The Burma Star Association, AJEX Charitable Foundation (formerly known as The Association of Jewish Ex-Servicemen & Women)
- Charities that help people from Armed Forces who have a particular medical condition: for example: Blind Veterans UK, British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association, Combat Stress.
Help may be available to them from one of these charities, for people who:
- Are still serving
- Are veterans
- Served as a regular or reserve, because of the Second World War or National Service
- Had a long or short period of service
- Are the partner, spouse, widow, widower or dependent child of someone who served.
Other charitable funds
Help may be available to you from other charitable funds listed on the Turn2us Grants Search, based on their personal circumstances, background and needs.
Use the Turn2us Grants Search to find help
The Turn2us Your Situation online section contains information resources which you may find useful, include an Armed Forces: Serving or Veteran section. We also have a Find an Adviser tool to help you find national and local sources of further help.
Photo credit: C.art (Flickr website) Some cropping to fit template