You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Tax Credits Overpayments - What should I do if I don't think I have been overpaid?

Find out more about Tax Credits Overpayments.

What should I do if I don't think I have been overpaid?

You can’t appeal against a decision to recover a tax credit overpayment, even if the overpayment was the result of HMRC making an error. However, you can appeal if you think the amount of tax credits you were awarded in the first place was wrong and therefore there should be no overpayment.

See our Challenging a Tax Credit decision guide.


Reviewed: August 2017

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Search for a grant

Look for funds that might be able to give you a grant and/or other types of help.

Use the Grants Search tool