You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Universal Credit Sanctions - Can I get any help during the sanction?

Read our guide to Universal Credit Sanctions

Can I get any help during the sanction?

If you have been sanctioned and are struggling to manage without your full Universal Credit payments, you can apply for a hardship payment.

A hardship payment is a loan from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), which you will have to pay back through deductions from your benefits once your sanction ends.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Struggling with Energy and Water bills?

Find out what benefits, grants and other schemes may be available to you.

Read about help with energy and water costs

England: Council Tax Rebate April 2022

Read our Frequently Asked Questions guide.

Find out about the Council Tax Rebate

Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grants Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants

Find a Local Adviser

Search for your nearest sources of information and advice

Find an Local Adviser