Support for Mortgage Interest Loan - How do I claim Support for Mortgage Interest Loan?

Support for Mortgage Interest Loan helps towards paying the interest payments on your mortgage

How do I claim Support for Mortgage Interest Loan?

To claim a Support for Mortgage Interest Loan, you need to contact the office that pays your benefit. You can find the contact details on the website.

I don't want the loan, what do I do?

You don't have to accept the loan if you don't want to.

However, it is important to come to some arrangement to pay your future mortgage or secured loan payments. If you do not do this, payments to your mortgage will stop and you may begin to run up arrears. This could mean that your mortgage lender could eventually take court action to evict you from your home.

If you require help and support on this you will need to speak to an independent financial adviser. Use the Unbiased website to find an independent financial adviser. You will usually need to pay a fee for this advice. Make sure you know in advance how much the fee will be and that you can afford it.

Change of circumstances

You must report changes in your circumstances which might affect your entitlement to the loan.

Updated: June 2022


Printable version of this guide

Was this page helpful?

Tell us the problem


Thank you

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to tell us more, please visit our contact us page.

Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Find an adviser

Search for advice and support services near you.

Find an Adviser