Tax Credits Overpayments - How would I know if I have been overpaid?
Information on tax credit overpayments and what to do if you think you have been overpaid.
How would I know if I have been overpaid?
You may know or suspect that you have been overpaid if:
- You receive a letter or notice telling you that you have been overpaid or a letter asking for repayment of an overpayment.
- You realise that you gave incorrect information.
- You realise that you have not reported a change.
- Your tax credits stop after you missed the renewal deadline.
- Your payments reduce unexpectedly.
Reviewed: August 2022