Universal Credit Migration Notice - Further Support
If you have received a Universal Credit Migration Notice letter, reading this guide will help in understanding your next steps.
- Last reviewed 29 August 2023
You can use our Find an Adviser tool to find a local advice organisation.
Budgeting and debt advice
If you had any debt to Tax Credits or the DWP that wasn’t being collected or if you currently have any debt being deducted from your legacy benefits, you may want to find out how this could be recovered by Universal Credit. You can read a government guide on how money is taken off from Universal Credit payment or get in touch with the following organisations:
- Money Helper provides information on budget planning, managing money and bill prioritisation.
- Money Saving Expert also provides information on budget planning, cost of living and other tips for saving and managing your money.
- National Debtline provides a debt advice service.
- StepChange also provides a debt support service.