Surplus income in Universal Credit

If your earnings are high enough to receive no Universal Credit payment in a month, your Universal Credit claim is closed. You can use our Benefits Calculator to check whether your earnings in a month will mean you won’t receive any Universal Credit payment that month. If you earn more than £2,500 over the amount you can earn before your claim is stopped, you are said to have surplus earnings. 

See our guide on Surplus Earnings to find more information.