You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Facing redundancy - What benefits can I get after redundancy?

Find out more about what you can do if you are facing redundancy.

What benefits can I get after redundancy?

If you have been made redundant help may be available to you, depending on your income, savings, health, family and type of accommodation. To check your benefits entitlement quickly and easily use the Turn2us Benefits Calculator.

You might find you are entitled to:

*Jobseeker's Allowance (income-based or contribution-based JSA). if you are capable of work, available for work and actively seeking work

*Employment and Support Allowance (income-related or contribution-based ESA) if you are not capable of work due to sickness or disability

Child Tax Credit if you have children

Housing Benefit (England, Scotland, Wales) or Housing Benefit (Northern Ireland) if you have to pay rent

Help with your mortgage if you qualify for Income Support, income-based JSA, or income-related ESA.

Council Tax Support if you have to pay Council Tax

You might also qualify for assistance from your local authority's Local Welfare Assistance scheme depending on your circumstances, see our Emergency Assistance page for more details.

If you were receiving Working Tax Credit when you were working, you will no longer be entitled to it if you (and your partner if you have one) aren't working enough hours, but a four week run-on period may apply.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Search for a grant

Look for funds that might be able to give you a grant and/or other types of help.

Use the Grants Search tool