You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Help from the local council if you are ill, injured or have a disability - Further information

If you have an illness or a disability, you may need help to continue living at home. For example, you may need someone to come in and help with personal things like washing, dressing. Or you might need equipment to help with mobility or daily tasks. These services can be provided by your local council.

Further information

Age UK information about help at home

Citizens Advice information on social care and support (Please note this links to the Scotland information as the England information is currently not available on this site.  There is information for each country of the UK so make sure you look at the information for the country of the UK you live in. You can do this by selecting it from the drop down menu on the page.)

Independent Age information on support and care

Independent Age: Health and care assessments guide

Paying for Care website

Scope information on Independent living and social care

Last updated: 7 August 2017

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page

European Union (EU) Settled Status Form

European Union (EU) Settled Status

Waiting to hear? Missed the deadline? Read our guide to find out what you need to do next.

Find out about European Union (EU) Settled Status

Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grants Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants

Find a Local Adviser

Search for your nearest sources of information and advice

Find an Local Adviser