You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Scottish Child Payment - How do I challenge a Scottish Child Payment Decision?

How do I challenge a Scottish Child Payment Decision?

Decisions on applications for Scottish Child Payment are not expected to go out until after 15 February 2021.

If you disagree with a decision on your claim, you can first ask Social Security Scotland to look at the decision again. This is called a 'redetermination'. 

You should be given information with your decision letter on how to ask for a redetermination. If you don't receive this information, you should speak to an adviser. (You can use our Find an Adviser tool to find a local one - click on the box at the side of this page). There is likely to be a deadline within which you need to ask for a redetermination. If you miss that deadline, you can still ask for a redetermination. However, you need to explain why your request is late.

If you still disagree with the decision after the redetermination, you can appeal to the First Tier Tribunal. You should receive an appeal form and instructions on how to appeal with the redetermination decision. If you don't, or if you aren't sure how to complete the form, speak to an adviser.


Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page

European Union (EU) Settled Status Form

European Union (EU) Settled Status

Waiting to hear? Missed the deadline? Read our guide to find out what you need to do next.

Find out about European Union (EU) Settled Status

Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grants Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants

Find a Local Adviser

Search for your nearest sources of information and advice

Find an Local Adviser