You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Shared Parental Leave and Pay - What do I do if I have a change of circumstances?

If you and your partner are expecting a child, you can choose to share some of your parental leave and pay.

What do I do if I have a change of circumstances?

You may be able to cancel your decision to end your shared maternity or adoption leave early in exceptional circumstances if both the following apply:

  • The planned end date hasn’t passed

  • You haven’t already returned to work

and one of the following must also apply:

  • Within eight weeks of you (mother) submitting notice to end maternity/adoption leave, you find out that neither you or your partner qualifies for SPL or SSPP

  • You (mother) gave notice to end leave before the birth and not  less than six weeks after the birth

  • Your partner dies (if you are the mother of child).

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page

European Union (EU) Settled Status Form

European Union (EU) Settled Status

Waiting to hear? Missed the deadline? Read our guide to find out what you need to do next.

Find out about European Union (EU) Settled Status

Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grants Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants

Find a Local Adviser

Search for your nearest sources of information and advice

Find an Local Adviser