You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Statutory Sick Pay - How do I challenge a Statutory Sick Pay decision?

Statutory Sick Pay is money paid to you by your employer if you are sick and unable to work.

How do I challenge a Statutory Sick Pay decision?

If you disagree with a Statutory Sick Pay decision made by your employer, you can contact HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) Statutory Payments Disputes Team.

This may affect your job and your relationship with your employer so you may want to seek specialist advice on this matter first.

Further Information

ACAS Employment Advice



Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator