You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Support for Mortgage Interest - Can I get Support for Mortgage Interest?

Find out more about Support for Mortgage Interest.

Can I get Support for Mortgage Interest?

Homeowners who are entitled to one of the following benefits could get Support for Mortgage Interest:

If you only qualify for contributory Jobseeker’s Allowance or contributory Employment and Support Allowance you will not have Support for Mortgage Interest included as part of your claim.

In most cases, people who rent their home cannot get help with housing costs in this way. Instead, they should claim Housing Benefit (England, Scotland and Wales) or Housing Benefit (Northern Ireland).

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grant Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants