You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Universal Credit Advance - How do I challenge a Universal Credit Advance decision

You can request an Advance Payment of Universal Credit to help you get through the five week wait for your first payment of Universal Credit.

How do I challenge a Universal Credit Advance decision

If you are refused a Universal Credit Advance or you disagree with the amount, you can ask the DWP to reconsider their decision.  However, if you are still not happy with their decision after they have reconsidered it there is no right of appeal against:

  • A refusal to offer a Universal Credit Advance Benefit Advance, or
  • The amount of a Universal Credit Advance

Reviewed: January 2020

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page

European Union (EU) Settled Status Form

European Union (EU) Settled Status

Waiting to hear? Missed the deadline? Read our guide to find out what you need to do next.

Find out about European Union (EU) Settled Status

Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grants Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants

Find a Local Adviser

Search for your nearest sources of information and advice.

Find local advice