Adult Disability Payment and Other Help - I get the standard rate mobility of ADP, what else can I get?

Other help you can get when you're getting Adult Disability Payment.

Last reviewed 01 December 2023

If you or your partner gets the standard rate mobility component of Adult Disability Payment (ADP), you could get the extra benefits and other help listed:

Vehicle Tax discount

If you are getting the standard rate mobility component of ADP, you can get a 50% discount off your Vehicle Tax. The discount has to be for a vehicle that is used by or for you.

You can find out how to apply on the Financial help if you’re disabled: Vehicles and transport page of the Gov.UK website

Blue Badge

You could get a Blue Badge to help you with parking, if you have been awarded 8 points or more in the Moving Around activity.

You can find out @@HYPERLINK2@@. 

You may be able to get a Blue Badge if you have a disability, whether physical or mental, which affects your ability to get about, even if you don't get ADP. You can find more information about people who may get a Blue Badge on the Scottish Gov website.

Was this page helpful?

Tell us the problem


Thank you

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to tell us more, please visit our contact us page.