Adult Disability Payment and Other Help - I get ADP, what else can I get?

Other help you can get when you're getting Adult Disability Payment.

Last reviewed 08 April 2024

I get ADP, what else can I get?

If you or your partner get any Adult Disability Payment (ADP), you could get the extra benefits and other help listed on this page.

Disability Premium

Premiums are extra amounts included in some benefits if you fit the criteria. The disability premium is an extra £42.50 per week for single people and £60.60 per week for couples.

If you or your partner is getting ADP, you can get a disability premium included in:

If you are already getting full Housing Benefit, you will not get any more even if you qualify for a premium.

There is no disability premium paid within Universal Credit.

Working Tax Credit Disability Element

If you get ADP, work 16 hours per week and you count as being at a , you can get an extra amount included in your Working Tax Credit worth up to £3,935 per year. 

Exemption from the Benefit Cap

The Benefit Cap limits the amount of some benefits that families can get even if their entitlement would have been more. If you, your partner or your child who lives with you gets ADP, you are exempt from the cap. 

Disabled Persons Railcard

A Disabled Persons Railcard gives you one-third off the cost of most train journeys. If you get ADP, you can buy one by contacting National Rail:

  • Online
  • Telephone: 0345 605 0525
  • Textphone: 0345 601 0132

You can collect a printed form from National Rail stations and return it by post to National Rail.

Was this page helpful?

Tell us the problem


Thank you

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to tell us more, please visit our contact us page.